Wyld Prophets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alexei Gromotsovitch Tziminik

Go down

Alexei  Gromotsovitch Tziminik Empty Alexei Gromotsovitch Tziminik

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Name: Alexei Gromotsovitch Tziminik
Deed Name: Songs Never Cease
Breed: Homid
Tribe: Shadow Lord
Auspice: Galliard
Important Traits: Seductive x 2, Pure Breed x 4, Expression x 5, Performance (storytelling) x 5
Thick Russian Accent
Birthdate: May 27th, 1986
Birthplace: Siberia, Russia

Note for Russian Speakers: Gromotsovitch means 'son of Grandfather Thunder', and 'Alyosha' is the familiar slang name for Alexei. Traditionally, peers and superiors are free to call him Alyosha, while inferiors call him Alexei. After the summger gathering of 2012, Alyosha has actually requested people call him Alexei.

A new oddity about his appearance started in May, 2012. His eye sockets are empty as if they have never had eyes in them. On each of his palms is the eye that is missing from his face. He uses his hands to look, and it can be discomforting and eerie, to say the least.

Alyosha is from Russia, but according to him he has travelled much over the past ten years. He has stated that he was a cub for over 10 years who acted as a lone wolf for that entire time, fleeing from a sept when he was close to his Rite of Passage. He claims he was kicked out of his original sept for being gay, but there is little bitterness- almost nostalgia- for home. At times he claims to being a descendant of Rasputin, Boris Thunderstrike and Stalin.

Alyosha also has a brother who has come to the sept. His name is Piotr Fyodorovitch Tziminik, A Cliath Homid Ragabash Shadow Lord. They do not seem to get along well with eachother, and are always bickering with each other. With that said, once is usually not far from the other. Alyosha tends to call his brother Fyodorovitch in a slightly derogatory manner.

Illyana Fyodorovna Tziminik is his sister. She is a Cliath Homid Ahroun Shadow Lord. Alyosha seems to be on much better terms with her, and he affectionately calls her Czarina. She has recently moved north to another sept.

Sasha, Cliath Shadow Lord Theurge, has recently come from Russia and is cousins with Alyosha. Oddly, Alyosha tends to call him 'brother' and has explained that Tziminiks tend to call their family members 'brother' or 'sister' regardless of actual blood relations.

Marusa, a kinfolk of highest breeding, also came from Russia recently. She is engaged to Alyosha, and seems to have some power or control over him. She usually shows signs of wealth and good social breeding.

Besides Maruska, Domovoi is Alyosha's closest kinfolk. Heavily tattooed and always subservient to Alyosha, he seems to get off on Alyosha abusing and belittling him. Alyosha does it, even though this seems a little outside of Alyosha's comfort zone. Domovoi is a butler, servant, driver and bodyguard all in one.

As time has progressed, Alyosha has claimed different positions: Alpha Galliard, Shadow Lord Elder, patroarch of his family, Pack Alpha. Besides all this, he never seems to really want these roles and actively downplays them, unless he feels he needs to.

Last edited by Alyosha on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

Alexei  Gromotsovitch Tziminik Empty Re: Alexei Gromotsovitch Tziminik

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Performances:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:08 pm

A tale of two packs

In the past few months, a series of debates have been had in regards to the purpose of the Mound and the role it places in our society.

If you would indulge me, I have a tale that I was told when I was younger. It is a fable of sorts, and I believe it can add significant wisdom and insight into the ongoing discussion on the Mound. It concerns a Sept called the Sept of the Southern Steppes, and tradition dictated it happened either in Alaskan Territory or Siberia, depending who tells the story.

There once were two packs that lived within the same sept.

Though all the details might be unimportant, I will share the specifics as they were told to me, as I felt it always added interesting flavor to the tale.
The first pack had a Bonegnawer, a Shadow Lord, a Child of Gaia, a Get of Fenris, a Glass Walker and a Silent Strider. They were known as Gaia’s Dagger, and were packed under Fox.

The second pack had a Black Fury, a Red Talon, a Fianna, a Silver Fang, an Uktena, and a Wendigo. They were known as Gaia’s Chosen and were packed under Bear

These two packs had a long standing rivalry. Gaia’s Chosen believed that by the nature of their birth, breeding and ancestry they were chosen to be the leaders of the sept in all things. They had some proof in this claim, for the ancestors and spirits of their tribes spoke loudly in their praise. Gaia’s Dagger felt that by the nature of their actions and deeds that it was they that were chosen to be the leader of the sept in all things. There was some proof to this as well, for their names were known far and wide, and even the spirits praised them loudly. This led to much bickering and fighting, and the whole sept’s health was in serious danger.

Now, as we are aware, most Garou would take these issues of dominance to the mound. Here, the mound would be the place to resolve these issues. Sadly, however, none of these Garou were certain that they would win on the mound. Perhaps it was because of cowardice, perhaps it was because of uncertainty. No one really knows why, but bicker these packs did.

Then the wyrm attacked their sept. And while their rivalry was forgotten during their battles, their lack of resolving their issues were not. Dominance had not been established. The trust and resolution that the Mound instills had not been formed. Each punch was pulled slightly back, because none were assured of how strong their allies were- or that there would be no dagger in their back while they were concentrating on the enemy. And because of this the wyrm dealt a deadly blow to the sept.
And for all the breeding, ancestry and birthrights that Gaia’s Chosen had, it was not enough to stand against the wyrm attack. For all the wisdom, glory and honor that Gaia’s Daggers had shown in their deeds, it had not been enough to stand in the way of the wyrm and its deviousness.
The battle was lost, but not the war. The remnants of the sept and the pack survived. They cleansed their sept of the wyrm taint, and a declaration was made. It was a simple declaration: when disagreements occurred, and the Mound seemed to be the only way to resolve the issue, the Mound was the place to go.

This tale does not concern itself overly much with the issues that existed between the packs. No, more important was that the underlying problems were not resolved in a time of peace, so that during a time of war this is not an issue.

We are all wolves in our hearts and minds. Issues of dominance, power and respect are not only forefront in our mind, but also in everything we do. While the Mound is certainly not the only manner to resolve these issues, it is perhaps one of the best and most definitive methods. The Sept of the Southern Steppes found this out the hard way, may we learn from their mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:10 pm

There has been much talk, recently, about the purpose of our birth- the goal we as garou have. Whether it is by auspice, a role given to us by Gaia. Whether it is by the role given to us by our birth or our passage into being a full Garou- our tribe. Or by the role we serve in our sept and pack. Just a few days ago I listened with some confusion about people talking as if they were a collection of different roles bound up in one. And when there is confusion, they is chaos.

Today, I wish to tell about the accomplishments a number of Garou performed. It serves as an example of what awesomeness can come when we do fill our role.

A few weeks ago, a few of us travelled to a farm not far from here. Wyrm taint and rumors led us to inspect the area. It was extremely successful, even though we faced some wyrmfoe and some unforeseen challenges.
Let me first speak of the roles the Ahroun who went fulfilled.

Illyana Tziminik also served well, as did Action-not-words-yuf. And when wyrm-tainted spirit mares attacked, they were on the forefront with tooth and claw showing the glory of their auspice and the danger the wyrm faces when it spreads its corrupt taint. I will not go blow-by-blow, but I will say this. Second-Wind-Rhya was a whirlwhind of rage, and I hope I never have to face off against him on the mound or elsewhere. Illyana, though she is young and new to the sept gave as good- if not better- than she got, making my Family and Grandfather Thunder, I am sure, proud. And Action-Not-Words. Let me tell you, he is as wise in the way of war as he is ferocious.
Next, let me speak of the Ragabash who accompanied. Iron-Clause silently and invisibly scouted, facing danger and going into the lion’s den. He gathered information that was useful and came out without a hair on his head injured.

The Theurges of the group! Whispers-with-wisdom-yuf stood ever ready to heal and help those in danger. And Calms-the-water served as both a healer and a conduit to the spirits. Without her calm insight and manner, the investigation and confrontation would have been deadly.

The Galliards show both glory and wisdom as well. Saga-Smith-yuff would be ever a boon to have as a shieldmate. He helped attack the enemy and keep the group running smoothly with wise counsel and clear communication- not to mention the danger of his own claws. Even in the heat of the battle when I was tearing apart one of the wyrmspirits I looked up from the heat of battle to see him dance a dance of death.

And the Philodox- those half-moons who see with clarity that at times can be confounding- were necessary in both keeping the mission in focus and standing against the wyrm wherever it dwells. My own Alpha, Moral-Compass-Rhya was a sight to behold- keeping our pack running smoothly wityh commands and insights. Eyes-Like-Knives-Rhya acted both gloriously during the fight against the wrym tainted spirits. And afterwards. After the main battle, it was realized that more information was needed. So he snuck into the farm and found a Black-Spiral-Dancer. This was no ordinary dancer. It was once a Fianna Philodox before he fell to the deprivations of the wyrm. Further, it was most likely an elder- a danger rarely seen. But with a calm heart, a cool head, and a sharp tongue he Echoes-of-thunder-rhya was able to leave the farm alive and able to tell the tale and share the information gleaned.

This was an example of a success that in these latter days are rare: No garou died, minions of the wyrm were destroyed, and information was gleaned on the enemy. It was a success because we serves our roles Gaia saw fit to give us.

The ahrouns serves as generals and warriors.

The Theurges as wise men- and women- with insight to the ways of the spirit world and as healers.

The Ragabash as spies. The Galliards as soldiers and speakers.

The Philodox as leaders, planners and standard bearers of our mission.
Though each auspice has many more roles and duties- this was an example of when things work.

So I thank you, Second-wind, Illyana and Arngrim for your rage and your ferocity.

I thank you, Calms the Waters and Whispers with wisdom for your insight into our enemies and your willingness to help and heal your septmates.

I thank you, too, Saga-Smith for your clarity of purpose and your ferocity of claws and tooth.

I thank you, Petya, for your bravery to enter enemies territory and for your cunning.

And, I thank you Moral-Compass for your strong leadership of a headstrong pack. Eyes-like-knives, I thank you for what you have gained for the sept- knowledge of our foes and the willingness to endanger yourself to get it.
But the true thanks goes to Gaia- thank you for your wisdom to give us each a clear path to follow and a role to fulfill. May your enemied die by the hands of your servants, and may the blood of the wyrm be both spilt and cleansed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Pebble Porridge

Omega was hungry, sad, alone, hurt and lost. Omega had been in this situation before, but now it was worse than ever. His hunger was more than physical hunger, it was a weight that would have dragged him down to the bottom of the ocean if he went swimming. Omega was alone.
Rat saw Omega in his hunger. Rat hated to see anyone in pain and hunger, even this silly little wolf. So Rat gave Omega this pebble and said ‘carry it around, and you will never be hungry.’
Omega did as he was told. He got hungry soon after, and found he could not eat the pebble. Owl swooped down and asked Omega what he was doing. When he heard, he laughed at Omega and gave him a pot to hold the pebble and to carry some water. ‘This will help you!’ Owl Said.
Then Fox, curious as to the commotion joined and said ‘Silly Omega, you cannot just eat water and a pebble. Here, put this pot over this fire, and I will add some delicious eggs I stole’.
Bear then arrived and said ‘here is some honey, this will make good sweetener’
Badger arrived and threw in some wheat.
Soon animals all over were adding their own additions. Before long, Omega served himself and all who helped a wonderful porridge. Rat was right, all he needed was a pebble.

Heart of Stone

In my homeland, the winter can get so cold that the cold tricks you into thinking it is hot. During these severe droughts of cold, children will run out to play for short periods of time. Since time out of memory, children would play a simple game in these cold snaps. They will take a pebble and spit upon it, they will then roll that peblle in the snow until it grows very big and very large. Out if the ball of snow they make a man. Fables and old wives will tell you these men are real and when you turn your back upon them and run for the heat the ice men get jealous and follow you, wanting to be warm as well.
If a child is so cruel that he just makes the men without the pebble, these ice men soon melts and becomes nothing. The heat that they seeks causes them to become puddles of water. Old wives grumble, saying it is akin to murder what these selfish and cruel children do.
But, if the child is good and kind and makes the ice men using a pebble as the ice men’s heart something else happens. No matter how cold it is outside, no matter how cold those ice men are, their heart is made of stone. Nothing can hurt these ice men, for a heart of stone does not bleed or hurt or feel pain. Even in the heat, which is fatal to the ice men, they melt. But the pebble remains. So, as the old stories go, be like the ice men and make your heart a pebble.

I know these two stories are contradictory. One story tells you all you need is friends, and you will never be hungry. The other story says to make your heart a stone so that even the most egregious wound cannot hurt you. I tell you both are true.

Pain only happens because you let others in your heart. Remember this heartache. Harden your heart so that no one can hurt you again- keep your heart like a stone. Simple but unbreakable. But such a heart of stone can chill the rest of you. So make friends to warm you and feed you. But never, ever let a friend into the heart. Or an enemy, or an ally, or Gaia or anything. Your heart is your own, sacred and inviolate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Some actions require great bravery, some require great integrity. And some require cleverness and insight. This story of your septmates accomplishments is one of those examples.

There is a ghost who has helped the sept before. In return, Nukh Kittatty Ar offered help in return. The ghost needed her mortal hand to be returned to her. It was discovered that the hand was located in a magical safe taken from the Bane Train. The story of the Bane Train and those involved is a story of great glory and should be told by our best storytellers

Through his various mortal contacts, Piotr wisely found the exact location of the hand.

The greatest wisdom, however, goes to three Garou: Moral-Compass-Rhya, Finishes-the-Fight-Rhya and Tick-Tock-Atomic-Clock-Rhya.

You see, this Safe was no ordinary safe. It had magical protections, one that if the wrong mystical combinations were entered, it could seriously injure all those near the safe. The combination was no easy feat to decipher- it required knowledge of 12 runes that were constantly changing and needed great insight into the occult, puzzles and similar knowledge.
Tick-Tock-Atomic-Clock offered sage advice in helping to crack this safe- his knowledge was freely offered and accurate. Without this advice, the safe would have damaged all present and would possibly have been locked for eternity.

Finishes-the-Fight used his extensive knowledge to do the majority of the safe cracking, even taking some damage when some mistakes were made. His wisdom and bravery were much evident with the skill he used to crack the safe.

Moral-Compass also helped to cracked the safe- her insight and uses of visions helped to further crack the safe. Her cleverness and calmness in light of this dangerous activity was helpful and influential in getting the safe cracked.

Soren was also brave during this procedure- he made sure that all the others present were safe and was willing to make sure that the safe, if hurting anyone, would hurt him primarily.

I also helped a bit, making sure that Moral-Compass and Finishes-the-Fight were mentally linked in order for them to conference each other quickly and accurately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Singing the praises of the Sept.

‘Traditionally speaking, stories and tales praising one’s fellow Garou are best left for moots and specific rites. With that said, Christmas is coming, and while my Bratte has not deigned to give me much money for gifts- even the money that is owed to me- I felt that this might be the best gift I can give to many of my fellow sept mates- acknowledgment for what they have done in service to their allies, their sept, and Gaia.

There are many of this sept. I have not travelled with everyone, and will not stand here for two hours tallying everyone. I mean no slight to those I do not speak of, but can only sing the praise of those I have seen and worked with.

In Russia, not only good children receive their due on Christmas. The wicked, the lazy and the lacking also receive their rightful due. As is my duty of the nation, sept and tribe, I shall make sure those who are lacking are recognized as well.

Amongst the cubs, I wish to speak about Tango and Corwyn:

Tango: at times you seem to be an urchin of the street, and your past has been troubled. But know this- you now have a family, a people who you deserve. Your wisdom is apparent even in your youth and newness to this sept. Keep working and mastering riddles and enigmas that surround you. I call especially to Rat to look upon you as I sing your praises.

Corwyn: Young and innocent that you are, you display a deep wisdom and a yearning for knowledge. Your heart calls to unicorn, and your actions speak to the beauty that is Unicorn. I have seen how you care for this sept, and how you look for knowledge and listen to your elders. Be mindful that those around you both see and know your actions, and that they speak of the glories that you will accomplish.

Though it might not be my place to do so, I will ask those greater than me to watch you and hear of your actions when you embark on gaining your rightful place in this Nation. I hope to be able to give you the names which you will earn.

Before I speak of the Garou of this sept, I speak next of Spots-the-Sun: I respect stories much, and you have them in spades. Keep flying high in Helios’ realm, for those of your breed have a tough path to fly. Know that you carry my respect.

I will now speak of the others in this sept.

Julia: Gaia needs not another victim, and she has many martyrs. Your actions have shown that this is the place you wish to have amongst our nation. Your peers and your elders have tried to show you the way out of your predicament. Their actions have been gifts. Yet you whine and complain and cry and plead to have another path for yourself. Know this: The path you are seeking leads to death at worst and crippling weakness at best. May you walk it, if that is indeed your wish. If that is not your wish, heed your elders, your peers and your friends, for the path they wish you to walk is far different and much superior.
Chione: I have watched you grow, and see you blossom
much since I have arrived at the Caern. You have a story and a past that is not known to me, and this is my lacking. But be aware that even I have seen the wisdom and honor and beauty that you possess. You are a warrior for Gaia, remember this always and hold it close to your heart. Gaia does not give more than one can bear, and you have the strength to rise to the greatest of stations.

Josh: You posses the quality of both Sophos and Moros. Every journey begins with a step- especially when following Owl. It is my hope and fervent prayer that you gain more wisdom, and that it is not sacrificed at the altar of the moros you portray. I have high hopes for you, as I have told you myself, and will watch you closely so that I might prove myself right.

Amanda: You have within you a strong future. But your awkwardness and inability to face even the simplest of challenges is an obstacle that you must overcome. Know this, though. You can overcome those obstacles because even though you can become easily lost or flustered, you have a strength within you. Rely not on your loud weapon, for you have what Gaia gives everyone- claws, jaws and most importantly, heart.

Arngrim: I have not done much work with you, but my brattee has. He rarely speaks highly of anyone other than himself, but his words praise you. You represent your tribe and auspice well. The actions you worked when you saw the dragon have reached my ears. And while I have not sung the story since I was not there- I sing of your glory on and off the battlefield now.

Iron-Clause-Yuf: Though at times you are a punishment from my past I have not asked for, I thank you. You have given me the roots that I have needed, and the path upon which I must tread. Many- if not all- will never fully know the battles you will fight and have already fought. Know this, Sept of Whispered Oaths: The Wyrm here is stronger than you will ever fully know. It takes many forms and fights many battles. Rest a little more easily, since my brother has found a new battlefield that the wyrm has claimed and my Brattee has fought in this battlefield with the ferocity of an ahroun and the wisdom of a theurge. Though to speak his praise is like eating ashes, he deserves it and know that I would be the last to state such if it were not true.

Freed-Waters-Flow-Rhya: The gift you gave me upon my becoming Cliath was more apt than words can say. Sing the praises of your brethren, so that I and the spirits can hear. Your septmates have accomplished much, and it is your duty to sing them. You have a skill and talent that is uniquely your own, and I thank you for your sharing of them and would like to hear it more often.

Echoes-of-power-Rhya: While we have not always marched in step, and we have shown different paths within even our own tribe and patron, know that your actions have been needed and recognized. You have fought the wyrm valiantly on many battlefields, and have borne the wounds in many forms.

Tough-Mind-Tender-Heart: I will be asking, in the future, to challenge you for the rank of Fostern. This is usually a personal request, and you of course have every right to refuse it. But I will ask this because there is no other Galliard that I respect more than Loren Song, and in his absence, I will seek you out. You are a true leader, a true role-model, and a true theurge. It is a sign of my greatest respect of you that it is you I challenge. Thank you for your service to this Sept and to the nation’
At this, he breaks out of his speech and drops a capful of vodka on the ground. Viewers are free to arrive at their own meaning of this action. He then clears his throat, as if his next words are apart from his previous action, and he moves on with his speech:

‘Cold-Justice-Rhya: Know this- I respect you. Sometimes I wonder if Thunder boomed when you were first named- I mean this as a compliment that only one of the children of Thunder can say. You are wise and honorable, and you serve the sept well. I thank you for your wisdom, though perhaps you can be a little harsher in your judgments, there is much wisdom that you offer. Yours can be a thankless and hard job- but you do it well and with a grace.

Tips-the-Flask-Rhya: I do not envy you. You have the tough task of aiding a flailing pack mate. You fulfill this role admirably, and your advice to her has been excellent. You fulfill the sept role of the fool brilliantly, and the new moon was blessed to have you born under it.

Moral-Compass-Rhya: You have an innocent wisdom and a keen wit. Even the short time I have served in your pack, you have shown a strength that belies even your age and rank. I can think of no higher praise than this: you deserve all that Gaia and the spirits can give you, and may you find your home.

Severs-the-Silver-Cord-Rhya: You have much to teach, and luckily I have much to learn. While there might be others around in my tribe who are higher in rank and renown, I see you as our de facto elder. May you walk with thunder, strike with lightening, and have your voice carry itself on the wings of stormcrow. And it is with the greatest respect that I say this (Alyosha switches to Russian when he says this one line: ‘remember: loose tongues sink many ships’.) In English, he continue on: Thank you for leadership, and for your endless example of what being a Child of Thunder means.

He-who-calls-the-crows-to-witness-the-sins-of-the-enemies-of –Gaia- Rhya: Being the Alpha of any sept- and especially this sept- must be a mixed blessing and a duty for only the strongest of our nation. You lead with honor, act with glory, and speak with wisdom. For this, our sept thanks you, as do I.

Once again, I do not leave anyone out of rudeness. I hope and expect everyone can get their just desserts for their actions. I know I do not live in a glass palace. If you have criticisms of me, or praise, the stump is as open to you as it is for me. Happy Christmas to all, and as the winter solstice comes upon us, remember Gaia and her seasonal sacrifice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:16 pm

A ‘Simple’ Task

While many Garou are off fighting glorious and noble battles, it is easy to forget that even the greatest of us started his journey with a small step. This story is about the cubs of Whispered Oaths and our first steps on the paths to greatness.

After the 6th straight day of lessons, I finally couldn’t hold it in. ‘PLEASE, let us DO something. Get into some trouble!’ I begged the new Den Father. With that request, Eyes-to-the-Skies-ryah decided to let us go on our first mission.

It was a simple mission, really. Form a temporary pack amongst the cubs, then step off the Sept as a pack and then come back into the Sept as a pack. After a little bit of discussion, it was decided that Julia would lead the pack as Alpha, and she chose me as Beta. While I would like to say that her first choice was her wisest, I would probably be called a liar at best.

The pack consisted of Julia, Chione, Soyala, Amanda and me. The cubs separated quickly to prepare for this ‘simple’ mission. Soyala, Julia and I gathered weapons from the Sept armory (and got them dedicated- with much thanks to those involved), Julia got some advice about how to be a good alpha, and the rest prepared themselves.

After gathering to start the mission, I linked as many of the pack members’ minds together as I could and the pack started their simple mission. I did not trust the deceptively simple quest, so I bid the others to stay back as I tested the border of the Sept- I stepped out and back in. Nothing seemed to happen, so I suggested that we all leave together.

Julia led the charge, and the second the entire group left the boundary of the Sept, the world changed. The life had been sucked out of Gaia. This was no late summer land- this was a Chernobyl and Three-Mile Island land at its worst. Gaia had felt… destroyed. All that was left was a shell of the Mother, and the evil creeping Wyrm. The pack, as a group, tried to enter the boundary again. They did easily, but the world had not changed. It was a broken husk of what had once been.

The young pack decided they needed to explore the new development. I spread my vodka on the ground in offering to the spirits, and instructed each of the cubs to place some vodka on their neck for sniffing purposes. Amanda was sent to explore up ahead, and she wisely and deftly did so while keeping a constant link with the rest of the pack. Chione quickly jumped across the gauntlet and searched that land.

Amanda gathered us at the edge of the lake. There seemed to be an oil spill from canisters from an Asian country. After explaining to Julia that Russia was most certainly NOT an Asian country, thank-you-very-much I watched in amazement as Chione disappeared again to see the spirit world. After a few minutes of not hearing from Chione, Julia quickly stepped across. Then Amanda stepped across.

Alone with Soyala, I screamed to the skies. I knew that the land needed to be cleansed, and I knew of one who could perhaps help. With the stupidity that belongs only to fools and cubs, I cursed at the skies, challenging Grandfather Thunder to arrive, bringing with him storms and rains. Immediately, clouds started forming, and thunder could be heard from a distance coming in.

Chione had found Unicorn in the world of spirits- weakened and bloody, covered in filth. Unicorn was lamenting that she had lost ALL of her children. Chione wisely saw that Unicorn had needed sustenance, and bled some of the true life so that Unicorn could feed. It had seemed to help some, but not enough. Chione, Amanda and Julia helped drag Unicorn from the much and stabilized her.

After much trying, I was finally able to cross the gauntlet and dragged Soyala with me. Upon seeing Unicorn in pain, I got out my vodka and cleaned the wound. Unicorn slowly seemed better. To our mutual amazement, Unicorn shrunk and went to Julia to have her carry the spirit.

Chione briefly disappeared, and then reappeared with a cockroach on her shoulder. The cockroach claimed that both Chione and Amanda were his children. Shortly after this, thunder boomed and rain drenched the land, drenching all but myself in water. I stayed dry felt comforted comforted by the storm.

It was then that the horn sounded. It was a horn of war, and it sounded… evil. Soyala, who had been quiet and not doubt communing with Uktena in the constant secrecy that seemed to be with that spirit, stated that we needed to find the Caern Heart. I started using the call of the magpie, and the pack went to where the heart of the Caern once stood.

To our immense sadness, the place had been destroyed, and Magpie was nowhere to be found. After searching uselessly for Magpie (and there was so little time, as the sound of the horn was approaching) lighting from Grandfather Thunder illuminated Magpie for the briefest of seconds. Magpie had become diseased, but the purity of Magpie was still hidden under the layers of disease and corruption.

Magpie was at first unsure of the pack, but each spoke to them of who he or she was. Alyosha spoke last, and bled some of his gnosis into the Caern. Magpie then said he needed help. Soyala spoke, with wisdom as he usually did. They had a choice- wisely carry Magpie to safety or gloriously fight the minions of the wyrm that were surely coming.

While Magpie was small, he was immensely heavy. It took the entire pack to life him to safety. I, acting like the Ahroun that I am most definaretly not, protected the rear and when a minion of the wyrm showed himself, I mocked and spat at the wyrmspawn to make sure the rest of the Pack got Magpie to safety.

Soyala and Amanda wounded the wyrmspawn while I took the damaging bite and claw attacks. I then clapped my hands like thunder, giving us all enough time to leave the area carrying Magpie while the wrymspawn was dazed.

The pack arrived back to the world, but with a warning from Magpie. The Sept was not alert enough- not paranoid enough- to detect the enemies that plagued Magpie and Gaia. The enemy was approaching, and the entire Sept- along with the cubs- needed to be more alert.

Each of the pack had a moment to shine, and the ‘simple’ task would not have been accomplished without each of them.

Amanda showed skill at detection and finding things that were lost. Perhaps she will be known as Prowls-Ahead-of-the-Pack.

Chione showed skill at going back and forth between the worlds to help the pack and the spirits. Perhaps she will be known as Leaps-First-Between-the-Worlds

Soyala gave sage advice and damaged the wyrmspawn greatly. Perhaps h
e shall be known as Wounds-with-Wisdom

Julia showed wisdom in her leadership, listening to all the pack and deciding who could do what was needed the best. She should be known as Sees-into-the-Heart

And me? I lived to tell the tale.

‘A simple task’, Den Father said. I hope to Gaia he never gives me a complicated one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:17 pm

A long time before the Boyers, the Tsaroviches and even the Greek missionaries of the One-God came to Russia the Motherland was ruled by Ziva, Svarog and Chernobog. You would know these three as the Wyld, the Weaver and the Wyrm.

Russia was different then. It was warm and verdant. Its people loved Ziva, cherished Svarog and respected Chernobog. Ziva, seeing the goodness of her children, decided to offer a blessing of a decade of rich soil, warm nights, and quiet rains.

Svarog, watching with jealousy as the people celebrated Ziva as they never had before, stole sacred seeds from Ziva and showed the children of Ziva the way of cultivation. The children quickly saw the benefits of the gifts from Svarog and sowed endless fields with rye.

Ziva was surprised by the actions of Svarog, for they had always existed in a balance. She saw all of the Motherland explode in fields of endless rye. It was birth and growth, however, so she did and said nothing, as she watched how her children were happy.

It was then that Chernobog awakened. He usually waited for the cold nights to sweep across the land. But there had been no cold nights for years and he was hungry. He looked across the Motherland and, with first horror, then jealousy, and finally anger saw that the Motherland had become a never-ending field of rye. He grew crazed at what Svarog had done and Ziva had allowed. And with one foul-swoop he raced across the Motherland.

In his wake, the fields of Rye died, the solid became a bleak gray, and the snows started falling. Chernobog had destroyed the verdant Motherland. It was a now a harsh, cold place. Svarog and Ziva screamed in pain and pity as they watched the dead fields of rye decay and the children die.
It was then that Ziva created something new. The rye was decaying, smelling of Chernobog. She decided to created something that would eat the decay of Chernobog. It was yeast, and while it would not save her children immediately, it would lessen the impact of what Chernobog had done. It would remove the decay and create a place where life could thrive once again.

Svarog saw what Ziva had done. He watched how the children praised Ziva, even in their despair and pain. Not to be outdone, he took the yeast and the rye and showed the children something new and different. He called in GromOtsa, grandfather thunder, to rain upon the yeast and rye. He cautioned grandfather GromOtsa to rain just a little bit.

All across Russia, the yeast and the rain and the little bit of water from GromOtsa fermented and all of Russia rejoiced. For in the place of starvation, cold and death ‘Little Water’, or Vodka, appeared. It saved the lived of countless children, nourishing them when little else was around. It warmed them in the cold, healed them when Chernobog infected them, and became a currency that even the spirits respected.

While this was not the greatest of wars between Ziva, Svarog and Chernobog, it was the first. From that day on, however, the little water became revered in the Motherland. The Gromostovitches- children of Grandfather Thunder became the protectors and cultivators of the ‘little water’ and vodka was to be known as the first lasting ‘weaver-thing’. It is more than even this, however, for it was truly created by GromOtsa, Svarog and Ziva. This is why all but those of Chernobog cherish the little water, and hold it in the highest of regard.

So, droog, my friends and drink to Ziva and her goodness. Drink to GromOtsa for his gift. Drink even to Svarog- for as insane and corrupt as he can get, when he works with Ziva, he can be the bearer of good tidings and great drink. Finally, pour the last sip onto the ground, so that Chernobog might drink and become sleepy and perhaps even forget to bother us on the next cold night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Father Frost

I tell this tale because it is this time of year when Otsa Zomorozok makes his first appearance, and it was his appearance that was at first the greatest sadness for my homid tribe, the Khanti, but eventually became one of my family’s greatest spirit-allies lesser only to Medved, Grom Otsa and his own spirit-servants.

When the Khanti- the Siberian People of the Bear- were young, Russia was a verdant land that did not know of winter or hardships. The Khanti were loyal servants to Gaia, but were also fat and lazy, as Gaia gave them everything they needed without hard work.

Though they were fat and lazy, the Khanti were also friendly and welcoming to all. They obeyed the universal laws of hospitality and so, when a newcomer came to their land, they welcomed this man with open arms. What they did not know at that time was this man was tainted by the Wyrm, and desired to twist the Khanti to his deprivations.

‘See how this land is full of verdant growth and lazy people’ he thought to himself, ‘they are ripe for the pickings! I shall corrupt them and have them serve the Wyrm, and he will feed off their melted fat and chew on their marrow!’

Almost immediately, my ancestors started bickering amongst themselves, and the grasses died and the woods offered no shelter.

‘Why would Gaia hurt us!’ they moaned ‘we have done nothing but praise her and follow her ways!’ Their confused attempts at appeasing her did not work. Of course it would not, for it was not her that was corrupting the land and the people!

Gaia was wise, however, and saw that though her land was dying and her people were falling ill in health and manners, they were still worthy of her protection. So she called out for a servant to aid her- to root out this newcomer that was hurting her land and people.

It was then that Otsa Zomorozok- Father Frost- made his first appearance. He blew across the land, and brought snow on the earth. He made the bears sleep and Khanti cling to each other for warmth. It was then that they realized that the newcomer- this minion of the Wyrm- did not offer warmth. He only took their food, and gave nothing back.

Months passed, and children were starving and the old were not being tended to in their weakness and wandering out into the snow to die alone. The people were calling out to Gaia for warmth and food and verdant lands to return once more. It was then that Father Frost taught his most important lesson.

For they turned on this newcomer.

‘You have come, and since your arrival Father Frost has harassed us. Children have starved and the old have wandered to die in the wilderness. Wife has nagged husband, and husband has hit wife. The trees have died and rotted so that their wood would not burn. Nature and the natural order of things have been perverted. Leave us at once, do not take from us what you cannot give back.’

And the newcomer- this minion of the Wyrm- fled the land of my tribe, never to be seen again.

And Father Frost comes every year, to give us the reminders that we all need.

Weakness is a curse- it opens us to the Wyrm. We cannot afford to be too open, too tolerant. We cannot become fat and lazy, and too reliant on the world to give us what we need.

For, in the end, we are warriors. We must carve out places for ourselves in this world, and we must fight the Wyrm. We must remain vigilant, always making sure that our guests are not our enemies, and that we are ready at all times to combat the Wyrn wherever and whenever is raises its ugly head.

And while some might mourn the coming of the winter, my people celebrate it- they love it. For Father Frost reminds us not to gorge ourselves, but to conserve. To tend to family, friend, and sept. And to be ever ready to cast the weakness out from us before it consumes us alive.

This might not be a happy tale, but it is a necessary one. Weakness kills. I, for one, have missed Father Frost greatly and await his return. Perhaps it is symbolic that Father Frosts’ arrival has been slightly delayed, especially at a time when I feel this Sept needs his lesson more than usual.

When Father Frost shows his face for the first time this winter, try not complaining about his coldness. For Father Frost blankets the world in his loving- if chilly- arms and preserves Gaia so that she may spring forth when she is ready. And everything not prepared for his arrival learns the lesson of perpetual readiness. Otsa Zomorozok is truly a blessing, and not a curse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:38 pm

I sing now of one of the great tales of the Get of Fenris, long told in beautiful poetic form for centuries. It was expertly relayed to me in its original form by Saga-Smith, who holds the tales of his tribe’s history in great esteem. This is but one of many great epic tales of the Poetic Edda, and I would urge you to seek out Saga-Smith if you would like to hear the tale in its original form. What I sing now is only a shade of the original, and I hope I do the Get of Fenris credit:

(The song is sung a cappella, with a strong tempo. As Alyosha sings, he tried hard to sing with as little accent as possible though it is still present.)
(Sung mournfully)

With anger we seethe as our mother weeps
The Loss of her proud husband
Her bed is soaked with the red blood of loss
And she calls us to vengeance:
‘Lonely am I, my joys are lost and gone
Sons- go seek retribution
For the vile wyrm-besotted Jormunrek
Killed Sigurth, a meet Fenrir’

Slay the wyrmlings, two hundred
With keen Klaive and Claw
Sorli and Hamther
Must slay and flay Jormunrek

Mother’s sadness and anger was doubled
By loss of sweet daughter Svanhild
Trampled to death by wyrm-ridden horses
Again she calls to vengeance:
‘Lonely am I, my joys are lost and gone
Sons- go seek retribution
For the vile wyrm-besotted Jormunrek
Killed Svanhilde, innocent girl

Slay the wyrmlings, two hundred
Sorli and Hamther

(The mood changes to one of excitement, faster cadence)

Sorli and Hamther came upon a pit
dwelled Fomori and wyrm-king
Blood ran as Kalive and Claw found its true mark
Wyrmling upon wyrmling died fast
Many fled to tell the vile murderer
Of danger that comes the hive
‘Stone ye the Garou that steel will not bite’
Roared Jormunrek like a bear

Slay’d the wyrmlings, two hundred
Sorli and Hamther

Enter Sorli and Hamther into hive
‘No Garou without glory
Man without wisdom is lacking in much
And honor demands vengeance’
Sorli yelled to brother while Hamther cried:
‘We have fought and still now stand
So enter us boldly into the pit
And face the foe of Fenrir’

Sorli and Hamther

(Spoken now, with no song… just the words)

Sorli and Hamther
Did slay and flay Jormunrek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Summer Moot 2012 story:

Today marks the last day of Pack Nukh Kitatty Argh’s existence. It parts peacefully, and in good humor. I personally have worked to make sure that Coyote remains in my good grace and I his. Speaker has been an excellent Pack Alpha, and I can honestly state that it is through watching her and learning from her that I have become ready to lead my own pack. Further, I can say that though spirits and the nation at times can look askance at Coyote, he is a powerful, clever and influential spirit to have as a totem. I will work to support him in the future, though our relationship must change. During the pack’s tenure we have done some good- even great- things. The capture of Van Buren, aid given to the ghost The Rider, the travels to Flux and other good and important things. But there is one story that must be told to the Sept that hasn’t been told.

As some of you might have noticed, my physiology has… changed somewhat in the last couple of months. And though it is less extreme, so too has my no-moon brother’s physiology changed. I have not told the story in detail as to what happened. I have waited… and this is the day that I have chosen. I will not tell this story again unless it is deemed necessary and essential to tell for the good of the Sept. So listen well, for there are lessons to be learned and deeds to honor within it.

There is much to this story, and not all can be said- for confidences were shared, secrets were told. It begins with a challenge to Magdalena, Severs-the-Silver-Cord. She was told that she must travel to Hakahe’s realm with another pack, and undergo rituals that would result in her telling some of her deepest secrets. She chose Pack Nukh Kitatty Ar, and we were happy to oblige.

Every journey begins with a single step, and our journey began by travelling to Luna. We had to climb trees in the umbra, and find the path to the celestial realm. This in itself is an interesting story. If I were more pompous- which might be hard to imagine- I would share every detail. I would share how Luna seems to be engaged in a war, and how she was under attack. I would share how Magdalena and our pack cleansed Luna of a wound of tainted sore in one of Her beautiful lakes. I would share how the Lune’s were grateful for our aid, and how one of the Lune’s guided us to Hakahe’s realm.

But our story truly starts there, in Hakahe’s realm. It is a horrendous place, full of fires and ash, kilns and heat. We were warned by Magdalena and Speaker that the fires could recreate randomly, and the ashes could unravel order into nonexistence. And so we were careful, as we walked in search of the central kiln and Hakahe.

We traversed cravasses and ravines. At times, some of us stumbles and the others helped move the pack forward. But even this is not the danger of Hakahe’s realm. It is the tortures one must endure in one’s travels. For, along the way, each of us were tempted with a fate that we each feared more than anything else.

First Speaker was tested. Her scene was intensly personal and terrible, and I will not go fully in detail. But what I will say is this- she was almost lost to the scene that was spectral to us, but real to her. But it was her inner sense of duty and responsibility that forced her out of her terrible distraction.

And next was Petya’s mental anguish. Petya is a weak-willed garou, full of petty needs and desires. And those needs filled his mind, and he was lost to his urges. It was Speaker to the greatest extent, and myself to a lesser extent that provided the strength that Petya needed to move on and disengage himself. And this is perhaps the first lesson that I hope all walk away with. One garou cannot hold all the strength needed. No garou is an island in and of himself. This is why we have sept and pack, tribe and auspice. There is no weakness in reaching out to your tribemates, septmates, packmates, auspicial mates. There is wisdom in knowing when to reach out, honor in admitting the need for aid or succor, and glory in helping your comrades.

It was then that I found myself at a wedding. Mine. I discovered that my father’s wish had come true, and I was to be married in front of God, Gaia and Thunder. The fate I had struggled so hard to avoid was here. My fears were realized. It was a realization that what I struggled so hard against was showing honor by following my familial duty. Showing wisdom in realizing that those better than I might actually also know better than I what I must do. And with a will that was only strong enough because of my duty and friends and packmates, I summoned the courage to continue on. At this point, I would like to show you the fruit of that acceptance. In public moot, I welcome my fiancée to the sept, and announce my protection over her. Any disservice to her is a disservice to me. Any aid to her is an aid to me. Conversely, her actions are my actions. She knows this and what this means, as do I. Welcome, my Fiancee, to the Sept of Whispered Oaths.

But that is not the end of the story. For Magdalena too had her mental anguish, Speaker used her gifts to aid give Petya and I time in helping Magdalena form the resolve to continue on. And so we did. It was at this point, the fires of creation flared and threatened to engulf us all. In a moment of weakness, I failed to escape what even my incompetent brother could dodge. And the fires engulfed me. I could feel it burn my internal being, it tried to change me to the worse, and I resisted it. It challenged me to be better, and I was lacking. And so, it recreated me in a manner that maybe only Hakahe himself could deem beneficial. The result is what I am now. Perhaps it can change, perhaps it cannot. That is yet to be seen. And here is the second lesson I hope all can take away. Sooner or later, we all will fail. That failure might result in your own death, the death of an ally or nothing more than a scratch or an embarrassment. Failure is nothing to laugh at, or even be ashamed. What should be shameful or embarrassing is if the fear of failure limits you. Fight for your tribe, for Gaia, for the Wyld, for the Sept, for the spirits, for the deeds to be told. But do nothing, and you will lose more than failure could ever bring.

We found Hakahe and the central kiln, and we even found what we came for, and more. We found a garou whi was tainted by the wyrm for fulfilling a duty to gaia. She was an unknown entity, and had to neutralize her before we could help her. We fought, and I led the pack in the fight, dealing the most damage and bringing her down. And my brother tried to help in a fight, which is never a good thing, and dipped his hand into ashes that uncreate. And this is how he lost his hand. But remember the last lesson, it is better to try and fail than to never try at all. We both learned the same lesson that day.

So while there were losses, there was also success. We accomplished much- Magdalena challenge was attempted, Luna was aided, Hakahe’s realm explored, and a fellow Garou- an Uktena- discovered and aided in her own quest. And lessons were learned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down