Wyld Prophets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on XP earning.

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts on XP earning. Empty Thoughts on XP earning.

Post by HankMcormick Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Call me crazy, but I would like to see XP handed out for costuming, and Downtime activities.

Costuming:
I feel it really helps the immersion when I am speaking with someone and they are dressed like their character. Everytime I talk to Franklin I am aware that there is a Giant Cockroach listening. Every time I talk to Don I feel like I am talking to a businessman. When I am not wearing my Cowboy attire does anyone feel like they are talking to a cowboy? I would like to see this rewarded.

Downtime Activities:
Actions and activities are happening besides the meeting time. I see some awesome RP go on on these boards. Its not really my thing, but it helps me realize what these characters are and were they are coming from. I would like to see this rewarded, also.

Just my thoughts. What are yours?

HankMcormick

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on XP earning. Empty Re: Thoughts on XP earning.

Post by Franklyn Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Costuming:

It's an awesome thing! I love seeing little props or aspects of a person present on them. Ranging from the business suits, to furs tied around someone, to cowboy hats. Creativity is a great thing! With that in mind....I think I see it rewarded in a non-exp way personally. I know that I will personally gravitate more towards those that put that much more umph into their character. I will want to interact with them more because they seem to be here for the story, for the culture, and don't mind diving head first into things!

Don't get me wrong, XP for costuming is great and also a traditional part of other games. I've just been 'conditioned' to expect costuming from others. Blame some elitists for that Smile (BTW - Orc Costuming Is Awesome To See)

Downtime Activities:

Your statements are echoed here. Except, I see it rewarded as well through inter-game play. That extra time you spent posting about feeding the wildlife comes into play six months down the line when you're bleeding out and suddenly Lassie shows up at the caern to lead the folks to you in the nick of time to heal you! Okay, far fetched idea, but still! Get my drift here?
Franklyn
Franklyn
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cal Forsythe Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:06 am

While not impressive, I go out of my way to dress as my character each game.
Cal Forsythe
Cal Forsythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down