Wyld Prophets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chain of Command

4 posters

Go down

Chain of Command Empty Chain of Command

Post by Wrong Way Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:43 pm

As I've never really been in this situation before (and still haven't, but it might happen o.O) what would the chain of command outside of rank be? What if your pack leader who is of equal rank to the Sept alpha gives you conflicting commands? Which one are you obligated to follow? What if the pack leader is of lower rank to a fellow pack member. Who are the others obligated to listen to? What if my Sept Alpha tells me to do something and a high and mighty loud as f@ck Get of Fenris who isn't even from my Sept tells me to do something else? The Werewolf game which shall not be named (Forsaken) is clear about the relationships between werewolves, but I may have missed something in Apocalypse. So let's have a discussion. Even if we can back it up with facts from the books, do you agree? How do you think it should be?

Cain
Wrong Way
Wrong Way
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Chain of Command Empty Re: Chain of Command

Post by Wrong Way Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:27 pm

No? Nothing? Okie doke.
Wrong Way
Wrong Way
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Sorry, Brad, it's a really hard question to answer. I've seen such conflict turn up more than once in the games I've played in and I've seen different results. One thing that is probably worth noting is that the Litany's mentions of "higher in station" are commonly (but not always) accepted to mean position, not Rank. Generally, your Fostern pack alpha has more authority over you than an Adren outside your pack. But, thanks to the vagaries inherent in the wolf pack-like structure mixed with man-made rules, your mileage may vary. A lot.

If you want to chat about a specific situation with the staff and see if your PC's Lore/Abilities can lend more specific insight, we'll be happy to talk that out with you.

Founder
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://wyldprophets.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrong Way Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 pm

I ca definitely do that. The original intention on this was to be a general discussion. I had a suspicion I may have put this in the wrong topic area, but that could be easily fixed. I kinda figured since it's not really covered in the books too specifically, that it was an opinion/controversy/not covered too often. I was just curious as to what everyone thought. Character wise, I'm pretty sure of WW's opinion. I just felt the need to connect with the St's and other players, as I've felt out of touch for a bit. No problem. I'll try to think of something more riveting next time.
Wrong Way
Wrong Way
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spots the Sun Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:13 pm

I was going to say that if another higher ranking garou were to get in your way when you were performing an action directed by one higher in station than you, then you could always recommend to the higher ranking garou to take it up with the one directing you, instead of with you. But even that can get you in trouble. *shrugs*
Spots the Sun
Spots the Sun
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

http://catseyecreations.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrong Way Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Oh yeah...I do not have a specific situation. I don't know if it seemed like I skirted that issue.

Good point "Helena".
Wrong Way
Wrong Way
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freed-Waters-Flow Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:55 am

I tend to take the military approach in these issues; obey the last order given to you by the officers you are assigned to. if another officer gives you an order follow it, but long standing orders need to be lodged with your Command, and your Commander takes precedence. If you have two officers ordering you then the one with the more appropriate responsibility takes precedence. (i.e. if you're on a boat, then the captain of the boat outranks everyone else regardless of his actual rank onshore). If you hold an office then your rank takes greatest precedence in regards to the execution of duties for that office. (E.x the Wyrmfoe has greatest authority in how the caern is defended reguardless of the rank of everyone else save the Sept alpha.)
Freed-Waters-Flow
Freed-Waters-Flow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down